1. Why choose Miami-Dade Technical Centers?
- Certification and Licensure Programs
- Certified Instructors
- Low-cost tuition
- Day and evening classes
- Financial aid available to those who qualify (must speak with a financial aid officer at the site)
2. How can I register for the Fall 2020 semester?
ONLINE ENROLLMENT IS OPEN NOW. For all new student they can enroll online HERE
Our next trimester is scheduled to start on August 24th . The registration for this trimester is scheduled for August 17, 18 & 22 from 9AM-3PM. Please visit the school’s website at www.tecmiami.net for up-to-date information.
3. What do I need to register?
- Two forms of Identification; one must be a picture id and the other to establish that you live in the State of Florida.
4. Are these classes accredited?
- Yes, by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
5. When do classes start?
- Each program starts every 3 months and 2 weeks based on the school calendar. However, there is
openentry for most programs
6. Do I need a high school diploma or GED to register?
- Only certain programs require a high school diploma or GED. Contact
the counselor at the school you wish to attend for more information.
- If you do not have a high school diploma we provide classes that will help you get one. We also offer GED prep classes as well.
7. Do you have classes online?
- For more details visit https://adobetec.podia.com/ is an alternative option if you cannot make it to the school. You can contact the online instructor for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. What is the age requirement to enroll?
- Minimum of 16 years of age with parent consent, not currently enrolled in high school.
9. How do I register?
- Contact the counselors at the school. In order to registered you need to come in person at the school. For now ONLINE ENROLLMENT IS OPEN. For all new student enroll online HERE.
10- How much does it cost?
- Currently, the in-state tuition fee for Career Technical Education (CTE) training is $2.56 per hour, while the out-of-state tuition rate is $10.25 per training hour. Students enrolling in CTE programs are required to pay an application fee of $15 per trimester. The current Digital Design 1 program is 600 hours. We have one of the lowest cost design
programin Miami FL vs other colleges and universities.
11- I want to know more about the Adobe Certified Associate ( ACA ) certification at the School
The Adobe certification ( ACA ) is part of the program. In class, students will be given all of the information, resources in order to pass the certification. Most of the student that get one or more ACA certification have better possibilities to get higher paying design jobs.
12- How can I contact the counselors? I have a specific question about program cost and financial aid
We have two counselors available to help you in the registration process from Monday to Friday.
Juan Gonzalez| Email: email@example.com | Ext. 2708 (8am-4:30pm)
Cecilia Castillo | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Ext. 2708 (4:30pm-9:30pm)
13- Does it matter if I use a Mac or Windows PC?
All student required a computer and the adobe programs. Designers typically prefer using a Mac, but the Adobe design apps you’ll learn in this certificate program work the same on both platforms. In our computer lab we use Mac
14- How is the employment outlook for Digital Design?
Employment of Digital Designer is projected to grow 8% from 2016 to 2026. The average wage for this career in Florida is $21.93 hourly or $42,758 annually.
15- Does the school have financial aid?
The school has a financial aid program for those who qualify. Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov and include the school code: 035704.