1. Why choose Miami-Dade Technical Centers?
- Certification and Licensure Programs
- Certified Instructors
- Low-cost tuition
- Day and evening classes
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify (must speak with a financial aid officer at the site)
2. How can I register for this semester?
3. What do I need to register?
- Two forms of Identification; one must be a picture ID and the other to establish that you live in the State of Florida.
4. Are these classes accredited?
- Yes, by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
5. When do classes start?
- Each program starts every 3 months and 2 weeks based on the school calendar. However, there is an open entry for most programs. Is recommended it to start the first 2 weeks of each term.
6. Do I need a high school diploma or GED to register?
- Only certain programs require a high school diploma or GED. Contact the counselor at the school you wish to attend for more information.
- If you do not have a high school diploma we provide classes that will help you get one. We also offer GED prep classes as well.
- At this moment we do not have online classes for digital design. You can contact the online instructor for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum of 16 years of age with parent consent, not currently enrolled in high school.
- Contact the counselors at the school. In order to register you need to come in person at the school.
- Currently, the in-state tuition fee for Career Technical Education (CTE) training is $2.56 per hour, while the out-of-state tuition rate is $10.25 per training hour. Students enrolling in CTE programs are required to pay an application fee of $15 per trimester. The current Digital Design 1 program is 600 hours. We have one of the lowest-cost design programs in Miami FL vs. other colleges and universities.
The school has a financial aid program for those who qualify. Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov and include the school code: 035704.